The Plastics Engineer position will work with production operators, technicians, and area leaders while taking direction from the Engineering Manager. They will work cross functionally to ensure strong procedures are documented and are in place relating to non-confirming product, samples/trials, and other molding related items.
The position will focus on the work cells in the molding department and the areas supported by the site process technicians. This will require setting up sound processes for production and waste reporting, inventory and lot management, technician training, die changes, and production visual management.
As a member of the Belmont Engineered Plastics Team, it is an accountability of all our employees to live safe in all aspects of their job and participate in transforming the BEP culture to one of highly accountable individuals that work as a team. Position requires a high level of collaboration with internal Operations, Quality, Maintenance, and Human Resources departments to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Work safely and actively support our facility through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical ten safety rules and three safety obligations.
- Be open to others thoughts and ideas
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee attitudes to ensure that work is done in a safe manner.
- Must be able to document and process map current and future work flow.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to lead and implement projects from conception to completion.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid, clear, and responsive.
- Support daily production as required to ensure operation at budgeted rates.
- Provide daily process support to eliminate quality concerns.
- Provide daily process support to eliminate reliability concerns.
- Provide daily process support to eliminate housekeeping concerns.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, teamwork skills, communication skills and decision making skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- High level of initiative and self- motivated.
- Maintain positive attitude and strive for employee engagement.
- Leverage continuous improvement tools (LEAN and Six Sigma) as necessary to eliminate waste.
- Set metrics for each work cell to achieve and track results.
- Support BEP initiatives such as; 5S, SMED, Standardized Work, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.
- Must learn and use proficiently the SAP system.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. While not all inclusive, employees may be assigned other duties and responsibilities as business requires. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Previous experience in manufacturing, demonstrated human relations skills, history of success through collaborative project/teams, and positive participation in a team environment preferred Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. This position also prefers an established track record with injection molding machines and processing.
Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and the ability to learn computer based support systems (SAP, IQMS, etc.).