OPERATIONS QUALITY TECHNICIAN
The Operations Quality Technician will be responsible for assisting operations by making sure that parts and process flow are maintained to reach Belmont Engineered Plastics quality standards, while maintaining production rates. Primary responsibilities are to produce and deliver quality parts on time for their internal/external customer.
As a member of the Belmont Engineered Plastics Team, it is an accountability of all our employees to live safe in all aspects of their job and participate in transforming the BEP culture to one of highly accountable individuals that work as a team.
- Work safely and actively support our safety systems through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical ten safety rules and three safety obligations.
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee attitudes to ensure that work is done in a safe and quality focused manner.
- Work and help drive LEAN improvements.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in the production process and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Performs quality assurance review and administrative duties related to processing of customer returned product.
- Direct activities to quarantine, screen, and resolve product suspected of containing defects.
- Maintains and adjust specialty test equipment.
- Assist in preparing documentation sets necessary for demonstrating compliance to various regulatory requirements for the purpose of gaining certification to regulatory standards.
- Promote a culture that utilizes work instructions as living documents.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid, clear, and responsive.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- High level of initiative and must be self-motivated.
- Provide, deliver and produce quality products as outlined in the standard work instructions.
- Maintain positive team environment to promote safety, quality, employee engagement, and housekeeping.
- Proficient in problem solving to root cause.
- Complete quality transactions needed for daily production.
- Ability to communicate critical information to the manufacturing teams and lead or participate in huddle meetings.
- A positive role model for performance and attendance.
- Able to work with multiple work cells as production needs change.
- Willing and able to learn and support LEAN initiatives such as; 5S, Standardized Work, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. While not all inclusive, employees may be assigned other duties and responsibilities as business requires. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two–year College or technical school and/or 1-3 years of related manufacturing experience, training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to communicate in the English language.
Intermediate computer skills which may include IQMS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, ability to look up standards and procedures, and complete training via the computer.