Belmont Engineered Plastics is a growing plastic injection mold company looking to expand with new full-time team members on ALL SHIFTS! We’re looking for individuals that want to continue learning and growing with our company.
- 1st shift hours are 5:50AM – 2:00PM
- 2nd shift hours are 1:50PM – 10:00PM
- 3rd shift hours are 9:50PM – 6:00AM
The Molding Shift Lead is responsible for promoting employee empowerment and engagement at all levels while attaining Continuous Improvement LEAN objectives. This role will provide daily leadership in improving the safety, efficiency, quality, delivery and customer service objectives. This role is responsible to meet the daily schedule requirements and oversee all hourly personnel in the areas of Injection Molding and Assembly. transactions.
- Work safely and actively support our safety systems through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical ten safety rules and three safety obligations.
- Authorized to stop produce/stop ship, as needed.
- Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee attitudes to ensure that work is done in a safe and quality focused manner.
- Must be able to manage assigned zone in the designated department
- Able to direct employees dedicated to the zone and lead them to fulfill responsibilities.
- Manage the Zone Lead assigned to the other zone of the two (2) Zones for which the Shift Lead has oversight.
- Work and help drive LEAN improvements.
- Provide and produce quality plastic injection molding products.
- Maintain positive team and plant environment to promote safety, employee engagement, and housekeeping.
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee attitudes to ensure that work is done in a safe manner.
- Must be able to manage and lead projects through engaging others.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid, clear, and responsive.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, teamwork skills, communication skills and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to learn new skill and a high level of initiative and self- motivation.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and the ability to learn computer based support systems (IQMS, SAP)
- When not performing the above tasks, the utility worker will work in a production cell.
- Manage assets (equipment, personnel, inventories, materials) to meet business objectives
- Complete transactions needed for daily production.
- Responsible for performing work to ensure quality and conformity to product requirements.
- Ability to perform the work of a water spider to keep parts supplied to production/operators.
- A positive role model for performance and attendance.
- Willing and able to learn and support Continuous Improvement initiatives such as; 5S, Standardized Work, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.
- Able to learn and use proficiently the production management systems.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to interpret the company strategy and deliver clear KPI’s across functional departments so that all team members are working towards a common goal, without duplicating work.
- Train, develop and lead Production Team Members, OP 2’s, and Leads to grow in their abilities of leadership, focusing specifically on Safety, Quality and Productivity in support of BEP strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated maturity in communication and presentation skills.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization in a concise and effective fashion.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Demonstrated human relations skills, history of success through collaborative project/teams, and positive participation in a team environment.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- This position also prefers an established track record with experience in LEAN/Continuous improvement projects.
- Medical – Multitiered medical plan through Priority Health.
- Dental – Extensive coverage with Delta Dental.
- Vision – Coverage through National Vision Administrators (NVA).
- Employer provided Life and AD&D policy with elective STD.
- 401k and ROTH options with a matching program up to 3.5%.
- Marketplace Chaplains
- The employee ‘Breathing Room’ for stress relief with massage chair.
- Employee assistance grant program
- Employee referral program
Come be part of our inspired and innovative plastics injection molding team!