Website Belmont Engineered Plastics
Belmont Engineered Plastics is a plastics injection molding plant looking to expand with new full-time team members on 1st shift (6:50AM – 3:00PM) that want to continue learning and growing with the company.
The Material Handler is responsible for coordinating and supporting all materials and resins required to manufacture plastic injection molded products. This role will provide daily leadership in improving the safety, efficiency, quality, delivery and customer service objectives. This role is responsible to meet the daily schedule requirements and support the Molding Leadership and Technical teams.
- Work safely and actively support our safety systems through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical ten safety rules and three safety obligations.
- Locates materials and supplies by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in the staging area or at the machine per the Bill of Material (BOM)
- Calculate, measure and blend material as required
- Maintains in-process inventory at workstations by delivering or restocking materials and supplies
- Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to Company policies, procedures, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
- Communicate material shortages or issues to management
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling and placing materials and supplies in designated locations
- Record lot numbers and remaining quantity on label of raw materials at end of production run
- Stage remaining product in designated return area
- Help maintain cleanliness of the warehouse
- Keep machines and work station free of loose material
- Ensure all raw materials are taken to designated return area at the completion of each job
- Ensure grinders, dryers and hoppers are properly cleaned
- Authorized to stop produce/stop ship, as needed.
- Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain working conditions and employee attitudes to ensure that work is done in a safe and quality focused manner.
- Accurately record lots, resin information and quantities being pulled on the job pack
- Label and quarantine material per the procedure if required
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Previous experience in manufacturing, demonstrated human relations skills, history of success through collaborative project/teams, and positive participation in a team environment preferred. Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. This position also prefers an established track record with experience in LEAN/Continuous improvement projects. Must be able to communicate in the English language.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with federal/State standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- While performing job duties, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and use hands to handle or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/manufacturing environment may have varying noise levels.
- The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the daily functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical – Multitiered medical plan through Priority Health.
- Dental – Extensive coverage with Delta Dental.
- Vision – Coverage through National Vision Administrators (NVA).
- Employer provided Life and AD&D policy with elective STD.
- 401k and ROTH options with a matching program up to 3.5%.
- Marketplace Chaplains
- The employee ‘Breathing Room’ for stress relief with massage chair.
- Employee assistance grant program
- Employee referral program
Come join our inspired and innovative plastics injection molding team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 – $17.75 per hour