Website Belmont Engineered Plastics
Belmont Engineered Plastics is a plastics injection molding plant looking to expand with a new Injection Molding Supervisor on 3rd SHIFT (9:30pm to 6:30am) that wants to continue learning and growing with the company.
The Molding Supervisor is responsible for promoting employee empowerment and engagement at all levels while attaining Continuous Improvement LEAN objectives. This role will provide daily leadership in improving the safety, efficiency, quality, delivery and customer service objectives. This role is responsible to meet the daily schedule requirements and oversee all hourly personnel in the areas of Injection Molding and Assembly.
As a key member of the BEP team, the incumbent also acts as a champion for new programs, is sought out for technical/operational insight and understanding by the team members, and is a role model, mentor, and spokesperson for the team. Position requires a high level of collaboration with internal Lean, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, and Human Resource departments to achieve both department and facility shared goals and objectives
- Actively support our safety systems through participation in safety audits, hazard identification and resolution, safety initiatives/teams and living the critical 10 Safety Rules and 3 Safety Obligations.
- Produce and deliver quality products as outlined in the standard work instructions. Provide input when standard work instructions should be amended for better results.
- Responsible to ensure that customer requirements are met, authorized to stop produce/stop ship, as needed.
- Manage assets (equipment, personnel, and inventories, materials) to meet business objectives.
- Complete transactions needed for daily production and delivery.
- Provide direction and participative leadership in the practical application of the Quality Management Process (QMP) and Continuous Improvement LEAN concepts in all areas.
- Maintain IQMS accuracy and floor inventory management.
- Role model and reinforce positive team dynamics within the work environment. Mentor and develop team members to meet the BEP vision.
- Responsible for performing work to ensure quality and conformity to product requirements.
- Able to work in multiple work cells as production and warehouse needs change.
- Ensure that the area team and individual actions are consistent with regulatory standards and policies.
- Support developmental activities to successfully commercialize process and product improvements.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to interpret the company strategy and deliver clear KPI’s across functional departments so that all team members are working towards a common goal, without duplicating work.
- Train, develop and lead Production Team Members, OP 2’s, and Leads to grow in their abilities of leadership, focusing specifically on Safety, Quality and Productivity in support of BEP strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated maturity in communication and presentation skills.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization in a concise and effective fashion.
- Required: 3-5 years in Manufacturing and 2 years in a Leadership role.
- Preferred: Associate/Bachelor degree with 5 years in Manufacturing and 3-4 years in a Leadership role.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing/Operations
- Demonstrated human relations skills
- History of success through collaborative project/teams
- Positive participation in a team environment
- This position also prefers an established track record with experience in LEAN/Continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with federal/State standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- While performing job duties, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and use hands to handle or feel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/manufacturing environment may have varying noise levels.
- The physical requirements are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the daily functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical – Multitiered medical plan through Priority Health
- Dental – Extensive coverage with Delta Dental
- Vision – Coverage through National Vision Administrators (NVA)
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
- Flexible Savings Account Options
- Employer provided Life and AD&D policy
- Elective Short Term Disability
- 401k and ROTH options with a matching program up to 3.5%
- Life counseling through Marketplace Chaplains
- The employee ‘Breathing Room’ for stress relief with massage chair.
- Employee hardship assistance grant program
- Employee referral program
- Volunteer Time Off Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (Sick Time)
- Vacation Time and Yearly Vacation Rollover opportunity
- Shift Premiums
- Free Coffee!
Come join our inspired and innovative plastics injection molding team!