Website Belmont Engineered Plastics
Belmont Engineered Plastics is a plastics injection molding plant looking to expand with new full-time team members on 1st shift (6:50AM – 3:00PM) that want to continue learning and growing with the company.
The Process Technician I, Injection Molding, is responsible for the process troubleshooting and setup of plastic injection molds and machines with a focus on safety, quality and productivity throughout all aspects of the injection molding process.
- Start up, shut down, and monitor injection molding processes to produce products that meet the quality standards of BEP customers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose injection molding processes when productivity, efficiency and quality standards are not achieved.
- Perform mold changes with overhead crane and forklifts in a coordinated effort to minimize press downtime, while following safety protocols.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to meet the daily changing priorities of mold changes and press startups.
- Perform corrective maintenance on injection molding machines and assembly equipment.
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment used within the injection molding process: dryers, hoppers, color mixers, loaders, thermolators, robots, sprue pickers, hot runner controllers, etc.
- Under the guidance of Process Technician II and Process Engineers, assist in the execution of capability improvements and cost avoidance/savings opportunities.
- Ensure standardization of systems and processes across production shifts and teams.
- Identify and escalate processes that fall outside of parameters to be corrected under the guidance of Process Technician II or Process Engineers.
- Continually seek process and system improvements to increase process capability, production yields, and productivity.
- Subject matter expert on the production floor to assist Supervisors and Leads to train and mentor production team members.
- Maintain a level of professionalism accompanying a technical level position.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Passionate about celebrating success, learning from failure and recouping from losses.
- Demonstrated safe work ethic within a manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of injection molding process, machines and tooling.
- Capable of operating overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to work independently and rapidly adapt and respond to priority changes based on the needs of the business.
- Work extended hours with overtime including weekends, as needed.
- Degrees – Associates Degree in a related field preferred.
- Work Experience – 2 -3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Other Skills – Mold Setting, 5S, Lean Manufacturing.
- Medical – Multitiered medical plan through Priority Health.
- Dental – Extensive coverage with Delta Dental.
- Vision – Coverage through National Vision Administrators (NVA).
- Employer provided Life and AD&D policy with elective STD.
- 401k and ROTH options with a matching program up to 3.5%.
- Marketplace Chaplains
- The employee ‘Breathing Room’ for stress relief with massage chair.
- Employee assistance grant program
- Employee referral program
Come join our inspired and innovative plastics injection molding team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.75 per hour